The event debrief will take place on Tuesday 5th December, 8pm at HQ. This is a chance for us to review all aspects of the event, exploring what went well and what could be done better. We'll also have a final update on the financial outcome. Please come along if you can make it!
Thank you to everyone who assisted with our 46th fundraising fireworks display on Saturday; whether it was on the day itself or the weeks and days before, or after. Whatever you did made a difference. There are hundreds of hours that go in to producing one of Ipswich's largest outdoor events, with lots of unseen activity behind the scenes. For a relatively small Scout Group, this is in an incredible achievement; which is only possible due to many people carrying out lots of tasks to make it a success. It was great to see some new faces getting involved and this is something which must continue.
Despite a wet Saturday and lots of local competition, early indications show that it has been a financially successful event. We will get a more accurate picture over the coming days.
If you were too busy to see anything of the event, here's a brief overview of what we achieved:
- 17 minute fireworks display by Alchemy Fireworks synchronised to modern chart hits
- 3 live music stages with performances from Soul Riot, Funky Voices, Chelsea Francis, The Naked French, Emma Dodd School of Performing Arts and Mr Has Bean
- Bonfire arena with fire performance troupe Tri Fie R
- Big Head parade from the Harwich Carnival
- LED lit angel stilt-walking performances by Lucia Tong
- 'Diggerworld' featuring 3 have-a-go mini-excavators
- Fairground rides
- Public catering stalls and bar
- Glow sales, balloon modelling, children's rides and other side-stalls
- Over 4,000 e-tickets scanned and a further 6,000 customers welcomed in by 40 volunteer gate staff at 4 gates
In addition to over 100 of our own volunteers connected to the Scout Group past and present, we were supported on the night by:
- 80 Suffolk Army Cadet Force Cadets
- 20 Suffolk Police Cadets
- 8 Wolsey District Scout Active Support Unit members
- 9 Wolsey District Explorer Scouts
- 16 Harwich Carvival Big Head paraders
- 37 SIA licenced security staff
- 8 Fire fighters
- Norfolk & Suffolk 4x4 Response
- 1 Paramedic
- 1 Emergency Medical Technician
- 6 Event & Public First Aiders
- 3 Ipswich Borough Council Officials
- 1 Heart East Anglia Radio Presenter
- 1 East Anglian Daily Times/Ipswich Star Photographer
- 2 excavator operators from Holmes Plant & Construction
- 3 stage technicians from DHE
- - 6 fireworks crew from Alchemy Fireworks
- - 4 PA crew from Triple A Events
...plus a whole lot more...
If you want to see some photos, make sure you like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Here's some feedback from our customers:
"Thank you. It was a fabulous night. Great fireworks and entertainment. We will be back next year!
"Thanks for another great night well organized thank you to all who helped it to run smoothly
"Really good evening well done everyone. Loved the fireworks to the music was a fantastic display and fun event for the whole family. xx ty all
"It was the best yet, incredible display, loved it"
So, once again, thank you to everyone who helped achieve a successful event!
Ollie & Chris
Ollie Arthur Chris Baldry
Tel: 07852 879479 07711 294136
11th Ipswich Scout Group
Organisers of East Anglia's Premier Musical Fireworks Display
Saturday 4th November 2017 - Christchurch Park, Ipswich